Model Validation and Reasonableness Checking
# Travel Model Validation and Reasonableness Checking
The pages in this category are devoted to methods for validating travel models, and for checking that their performance is reasonable.
These pages were initially derived from the Travel Model Validation and Reasonableness Checking Manual, Second Edition, prepared by Cambridge Systematics, Inc., and published by the Federal Highway Administration Travel Model Improvement Program in September, 2010.
Originally presented in this order:
- Model Validation Plan Specification
- Validating Model Inputs
- Socioeconomic Models
- Amount of Travel/Activity
- Trip Distribution/Destination Choice/Location Choice
- Mode Choice/Vehicle Occupancy
- Time of Day
- Assignment Procedures
- Temporal Validation and Sensitivity Testing
- Validation Documentation