Project-level forecasting process
Go to Project-level traffic forecasting topic page.
# Requesting a forecast
The form shown below may be used for requesting a forecast and is typical. The request must contain the following information (adapted from the “Ohio Certified Traffic Manual” and Hawaii’s “Traffic Assignment Work Order” form):
- Project identifier;
- Description of the project;
- Open-to-traffic year and design year;
- Requested design values;
- Other requirements;
- Map(s) showing project limits;
- List of intersections requiring turning movements, if any;
- List of any other facilities needing special attention;
- Required time periods of analysis (24 hours, PM peak hour, etc.);
- Details of planned developments or other known factors which may impact the project; and
- Need by date.
# Forecasting process flow diagram
The figure below summarizes the major steps in the project-level traffic forecasting process.