This page is open for editing because it is part of the Incubator. Have something to add? Please register so you can contribute. Have an option you would like to share? Please click on the 'Talk' button to enter the dialogue. The TF Resource Volunteers appreciate your feedback and interest.
Go to Project-level traffic forecasting topic page.
Requesting a forecast
The form shown below may be used for requesting a forecast and is typical. The request must contain the following information (adapted from the “Ohio Certified Traffic Manual” and Hawaii’s “Traffic Assignment Work Order” form):
- Project identifier;
- Description of the project;
- Open-to-traffic year and design year;
- Requested design values;
- Other requirements;
- Map(s) showing project limits;
- List of intersections requiring turning movements, if any;
- List of any other facilities needing special attention;
- Required time periods of analysis (24 hours, PM peak hour, etc.);
- Details of planned developments or other known factors which may impact the project; and
- Need by date.
Forecasting process flow diagram
The figure below summarizes the major steps in the project-level traffic forecasting process.